Sage 50 Courses Overview
Sage 50 Accounts Level 2 Training course is an intermediate level of Sage 50 Computerised Accounting, aims to provide the skills for you to be able to supply up to date & accurate information to Management, in the appropriate way for your business.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. Bookkeepers play a pivotal role within organisations. Thus ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
If you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who:
- Are thinking about starting up their own business or who are currently running their own business
- Are thinking about changing from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- And are looking to improve their career prospects.
What support is available?
- Free high quality course materials and eBook
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card
- Exam fees and exam booking service under AAT/IAB
- Personalised individual study plan
- Specialist Career Management service
- AAT/IAB Student Membership and Certificate
- Free Sage 50 Computerised Accounting software*
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
*Available for students who book Sage 50 Computerised Accounting – Fast Track course
Sage 50 Courses Duration
Sage Training Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime and Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Level 2 Training Course.
Alternatively, if you prefer to do this course online or Self Study basis, you may choose Sage Training – Fast Track.
Sage 50 Courses Certification
You will receive a certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. You have an Option to get an AAT or IAB or SAGE Certificate subject to passing the exams.
You will have to complete computer-based assessments to get the certificate. To successfully complete the qualification the candidate must pass the Mandatory element of assessment. The unit is graded as Pass or Fail and the minimum level of achievement is set at 70%.
Sage 50 Courses Syllabus
- An overview of the Sage 50 program
- Entering opening balances, preparing and printing a trial balance
- Creating customer records
- Creating supplier records
- Setting up opening assets, liabilities and capital balances,
- Producing routine reports
- Checking data,
- Entering supplier invoices
- Posting error corrections, amending records
- Invoicing, generating customer letters, entering new products, checking communication history
- Banking and payments, producing statements, petty cash
- Audit trails, correcting basic entry errors, reconciling debtors and creditors
- Creating sales credit notes,
- Processing purchase credit notes
- Preparing journals
- Verifying Audit Trail
- Purchase orders, processing sales orders
- Processing Trial Balance
- Creating Backups
- Restoring data
- Writing-off bad debts
What qualifications will I gain?
You have the choice to gain certification from one of the following awarding bodies.
AAT Exam for Sage Accounting
Foundation Award in Accounting Software (can be done at our centre)
Exam Fees Per assessment including AAT Registration : £135
IAB Exam for Sage Bookkeeping
As Osborne Training is an IAB Approved sage training provider, you could gain the following IAB qualifications provided that you book and register for IAB exams and pass the exams successfully:
IAB Level 2 Certificate in Sage 50 Computerised Bookkeeping (RQF) 601/9052/8 (1 x Online Knowledge Test – can be done from home; 1 x Examination – Must be done at our centre.)
Exam Fees Per assessment including IAB Registration : £135
SAGE Certified Exam for Sage Accounting
As Osborne Training is a SAGE Certified training provider you can attain the following Sage Certificate by completing Sage Exam Online.
Level 2 Sage Computersied Accounting ( Can be done from home Online)
Exam Fees Per assessment including SAGE Registration : £135
Next steps after qualifying
You may progress to do Level 3 Sage 50 Computerised Accounting.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Assistant accountant
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Sales ledger clerk
In these roles, you could earn on average £25,000 yearly. (source: Reed Salary Checker, UK Only)
*Terms & Conditions apply
Sage 50 Courses Fees
Please contact a course adviser to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Fast Track Option
Finally, take economic advantage of Sage Fast Track option by combining Sage 50 Accounts Level 1, 2 & 3 course together. You would also receive a Free Tablet PC and a Free Sage 50 Accounts Software.