Sage Courses for Beginners – Overview
Sage 50 Accounts Level 1 course for Beginners aims to provide the skills for you to be able to supply up to date & accurate information to Management, in the appropriate way for your business.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. Bookkeepers play a vital role within organisations; ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
If you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who:
- Are thinking about starting up their own business or who are currently running their own business
- Are thinking about changing from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- Are looking to improve their career prospects.
What support is available?
- Free high quality course materials and eBook
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card
- Exam fees and exam booking service under AAT/IAB
- Personalised individual study plan
- Specialist Career Management service
- AAT/IAB Student Membership and Certificate
- Free Sage 50 Computerised Accounting software*
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
*Available for students who book Sage 50 Computerised Accounting – Fast Track course
Sage Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime and Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Level 1 Training Course.
Alternatively, if you prefer to do this course online or Self Study basis, you may choose Sage Training – Fast Track.
You will receive a certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. You have an Option to get an AAT or IAB Certificate subject to passing the exams.
You will have to complete computer-based assessments to get the certificate. To successfully complete the qualification the candidate must pass the Mandatory element of assessment. The unit is graded as Pass or Fail and the minimum level of achievement is set at 70%.
Sage Course Syllabus:
- Working with Sage 50 Accounts Program Basics
- Creating Account names, Numbers & Bank Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Generating Customers Invoices
- Monitoring Customer Activity
- Generating Product Invoices & Credit Notes
- Compiling & Sending Customer Statements
- Creating Customer Receipts & Purchase Invoices
- Supplier Payments
- Managing Recurring Entries
- Generating Reports & Information
- The Active Set-Up Wizard
- VAT Changes
What qualifications will I gain?
You have the choice to gain certification from one of the following awarding bodies for sage courses.
AAT Exam for Sage Accounting
Introductory Award in Computerised Accounting
Exam Fees Per assessment including AAT Registration : £135
IAB Exam for Sage Bookkeeping
As Osborne Training is an IAB Approved training provider, you could gain the following IAB qualifications provided that you book and register for IAB exams and pass the exams successfully:
Exam Fees Per assessment including IAB Registration : £135
SAGE Certified Exam for Sage Accounting
As Osborne Training is a SAGE Certified training provider you can attain the following Sage Certificate by completing Sage Exam Online.
Level 1 Sage Computersied Accounting
Exam Fees Per assessment including SAGE Registration : £135
Next steps after qualifying
You may progress to do Level 2 Sage Computerised Accounting / Bookkeeping
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Junior bookkeeper
- Junior accountant
- Junior purchase ledger clerk
- Junior Sales ledger clerk
- All access level bookkeeping jobs
In these roles, you could earn up to £18,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2015, UK Only).
*Terms & Conditions apply
Sage Courses Fees
Please inquire at admission office to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
What should I do next?
For a free consultation call a Specialist Consultant on 0203 608 7179 to complete the enrolment.
Fast Track Option
Take economic advantage of Fast Track option by combining Sage 50 Accounts Level 1, 2 & 3 course together. You would also receive a Free Tablet PC and a Free Sage 50 Accounts Software.