Sage Courses for Beginners – Overview
Sage 50 Accounts Level 1 course for Beginners aims to provide the skills for you to be able to supply up to date & accurate information to Management, in the appropriate way for your business.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. Bookkeepers play a vital role within organisations. Thus, ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
Moreover, if you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who:
- Are thinking about starting up their own business or who are currently running their own business
- Are thinking about changing from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- And are looking to improve their career prospects.
What support is available?
- High quality scenario based course materials
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card
- Exam fees and exam booking service from Sage
- Personalised individual study plan
- Specialist Career Management service
- SAGE Student Membership and Certificate
- Free Sage 50 Computerised Accounting software*
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
*Available for students who book Sage 50 Computerised Accounting – Fast Track course
Sage Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime and Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Level 1 Training Course.
Alternatively, if you prefer to do this course online or Self Study basis, you may choose Sage Training – Fast Track.
You will receive a certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. You also have an Option to attain Certificate from SAGE(UK) subject to passing the exams.
Sage Course Syllabus:
- Working with Sage 50 Accounts Program Basics.
- Creating Account names, Numbers & Bank Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Generating Customers Invoices
- Monitoring Customer Activity
- Generating Product Invoices & Credit Notes
- Compiling & Sending Customer Statements
- Creating Customer Receipts & Purchase Invoices
- Supplier Payments
- Managing Recurring Entries
- Generating Reports & Information
- The Active Set-Up Wizard
- VAT Changes.
What qualifications will I gain?
CERTIFICATION FROM SAGE (UK)
As Osborne Training is a Sage (UK) Approved training provider, you could gain the following qualification provided that you book and register for exam and pass the exam successfully:
- Sage 50c Computerised Accounting Course (Level 1)
The exam is conducted online through Sage (UK).
Exam Fees Per assessment or per level including Registration: £175.
Once you book the exam, you get access to Sage Qualifications online Portal for 6 months with additional practice materials. You can attempt to complete the online exam any time within that 6 months. Once completed, you get the digital certificate direct from Sage (UK).
Next steps after qualifying
You may progress to do Level 2 Sage Computerised Accounting / Bookkeeping
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Junior bookkeeper
- Assistant accountant
- Junior purchase ledger clerk
- Junior Sales ledger clerk
- All access level bookkeeping jobs
In these roles, you could earn on average £18,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, UK Only).
*Terms & Conditions apply
Sage Courses Fees
Please call us to find out the course fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Fast Track Option
Take economic advantage of Sage Fast Track option by combining Sage 50 Accounts Level 1, 2 & 3 course together. You would also receive a Free Tablet PC and a Free Sage 50 Accounts Software.
Additional 10% Discount Available for Individuals who are working as a key worker in the following sector:
• Health and Care
1. Evidence of employment is required
2. Course funding must be by the individual
3. Discount is not available with any other offer