Who is it for?
This is the Intermediate level of Sage50 Computerised Payroll training where the learners gather detailed knowledge to become a professional payroll administrator. Starting our Sage 50 Computerised Payroll course will enhance your career potentials and give you the skills and knowledge you need to get started. Payroll is a vital role within any organisation. A career in payroll means specialising in a niche field with excellent progression opportunities.
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time of the year subject to availability.
Are there any requirements?
Basic knowledge of Sage Payroll is required (Equivalent to Level 1). There are no other formal entry requirements for this course. If English is not your first language, you may need to go through initial screening for suitability.
What support is available?
- Free high quality course materials
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card
- Exam fees and exam booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
Payroll Training Duration
Payroll Training Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime and Weekend sessions for Sage Payroll Training Course in London.
Payroll Training Certification
You will receive a certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. You have an Option to get an IAB Certificate subject to passing the IAB exam.
IAB Payroll Exams
You will have to complete computer-based assessments to get the certificate. To successfully complete the qualification the candidate must pass the above Mandatory element of assessment. The unit is graded as Pass or Fail and the minimum level of achievement is set at 70%.
What skills will I gain from Payroll Training Course?
The Sage Computerised Payroll Level 2 will teach you:
- Introduction to Payroll
- Employment legislation
- Introduction to Real Time Information (RTI)
- Preparing employee records
- Creating Backup and Restoring Data
- Starters – new employees
- Calculation of Gross Pay
- Deductions – Pension schemes and pension contributions
- Processing the payroll – introduction to the PAYE system
- Processing the payroll – income tax
- Processing the payroll – National Insurance contributions
- Voluntary deductions
- Student Loan repayments
- Attachment of Earnings Orders & Deductions from Earnings Orders
- Processing Leavers
- Introduction to statutory additions and deductions
- Processing Statutory sick pay (SSP)
- Processing Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Statutory paternity pay and paternity leave
- Completing the processing of the payroll
- Creating Payslips and analysis
- Reports and payments due to HMRC
- Introduction to Auto-enrolment
What qualifications will I gain?
You could Gain the following IAB qualifications provided that you book and register for IAB exams and pass the exams successfully:
Please Note, the course fees are excluding IAB Exam fees.
You may progress to do Level 3 Sage Computerised Payroll.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Supervisor
- Payroll Consultant
In these roles, you could earn up to £32,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2015, UK Only).
Benefits for Trainees
Sage Computerised Payroll Qualifications open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extending payroll skills if you are currently employed
- Start your own payroll bureau
- Work in small businesses
- A payroll career can lead to great things
- Update your knowledge of Sage payroll
- Improve your employability prospects
- A career path into payroll
- Ideal Continuing Professional Development course
- Gain a qualification to boost your CV
- Gain an accredited qualification
- Start your training immediately as we have no of sessions starting soon.
Payroll Training Fees
Please enquire at admission office to find out the fees on 0203 608 71779 or fill the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Fast Track Option
Take economic advantage of Fast Track option by combining Sage 50 Payroll Level 1, 2 & 3 course together. You would also receive a Free Tablet PC and a Free Sage 50 Payroll Software.