Who is it for?
This is the Intermediate level of Sage 50 Computerised Payroll training where the learners gather detailed knowledge to become a professional payroll administrator. Starting our Sage 50 Computerised Payroll course will enhance your career potentials and give you the skills and knowledge you need to get started. Payroll is a vital role within any organisation. A career in payroll means specialising in a niche field with excellent progression opportunities.
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time of the year subject to availability.
Are there any requirements?
Basic knowledge of Sage Payroll is required (Equivalent to Level 1). There are no other formal entry requirements for this course. We recommend that you have basic English and IT skills to complete the course successfully.
What support is available?
- High quality Scenario based course materials
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card*
- Specialist Career Management service
Payroll Training Duration
Payroll Training Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime and Weekend sessions for Sage Payroll Training Course in London.
If you prefer Online or Distance Learning, then you may consider Sage Payroll Fast Track option.
Payroll Training Certification
You will receive a CPD Completion certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course.
What skills will I gain from Payroll Training Course?
The Sage Computerised Payroll Level 2 will teach you:
- Introduction to Payroll
- Introduction to Real Time Information (RTI)
- Preparing employee records
- Creating Backup and Restoring Data
- Starters – new employees
- Calculation of Gross Pay
- Deductions – Pension schemes and pension contributions
- Processing the payroll – introduction to the PAYE system
- Processing the payroll – income tax
- Processing the payroll – National Insurance contributions
- Voluntary deductions
- Student Loan repayments
- Attachment of Earnings Orders & Deductions from Earnings Orders
- Processing Leavers
- Introduction to statutory additions and deductions
- Processing Statutory sick pay (SSP)
- Processing Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Statutory paternity pay and paternity leave
- Completing the processing of the payroll
- Creating Payslips and analysis
- Reports and payments due to HMRC
CERTIFICATION FROM SAGE (UK)
As Osborne Training is a Sage (UK) Approved training provider, you could gain the following qualification provided that you book and register for exam and pass the exam successfully:
- Sage 50c Computerised Payroll Course (Level 2)
The exam is conducted online through Sage (UK).
Exam Fees Per assessment or per level including Registration: £135.
Once you book the exam, you get access to Sage Qualifications online Portal for 6 months with additional practice materials. You can attempt to complete the online exam any time within that 6 months. Once completed, you get the digital certificate direct from Sage (UK).
Benefits for Trainees
Sage Computerised Payroll Qualifications open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extending payroll skills if you are currently employed
- Start your own payroll bureau
- Work in small businesses
- A payroll career can lead to great things
- Update your knowledge of Sage payroll
- Improve your employability prospects
- A career path into payroll
- Ideal Continuing Professional Development course
- Gain a skill to boost your CV
- Start your training immediately as we have a number of sessions starting soon.
- Access to Career Hub for 3 Months (Find More)
You may progress to do Level 3 Sage Computerised Payroll.
What jobs are suitable?
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Supervisor
- Payroll Consultant
In these roles, you could earn on average more than £32,000 per annum (source: Reed Salary Checker, UK Only)
Payroll Training Fees
|Course||Mode of Study|
|Classroom Based||Online Live||Distance Learning|
|Regular Fee||Discounted Fee||Regular Fee||Discounted Fee||Regular Fee||Discounted Fee|
*Discounted Fees are available for Limited Period.
Additional 10% Discount Available for Individuals who are working or worked within the last two years, as a key worker in the following sector:
- Health and Care
- Armed Forces
- Evidence of employment is required
- Course funding must be by the individual
- Discount is not available with any other offer
Please call us to find out the course fees and eligibility on 02036087179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form on this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Payroll Fast Track Option
Take economic advantage of the Sage Payroll Fast Track option by combining Sage 50 Payroll Level 1, 2 & 3 courses together. You would also be eligible to receive a Free Tablet PC and a Free Sage 50 Payroll Software.