Sage Training Overview
If you’re looking to gain competency in the world’s most popular bookkeeping software, the Sage 50 Computerised Accounting course will teach everything you need to know, while helping you gain a recognised qualification. This Course is designed to provide individuals from beginner to advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and Sage 50 accounts. It is intended for individuals who aim to improve career prospects and to be able to better financial management and control of business. This course covers Level 1-3 of Sage 50 Bookkeeping/Accounting Training.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. Therefore, Bookkeepers play a vital role within organisations; ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
If you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who:
- Are thinking about starting up their own business or who are currently running their own business
- Are thinking about changing from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- And are looking to improve their career prospects.
There is no formal requirement for this course. However, we recommend that you should have basic English and IT skills to complete the course efficiently.
What support is available?
- High quality Scenario-based course materials
- Sage Training Workbooks as eBook
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card*
- Exam fees and exam booking service under Sage
- Specialist Career Management service
- Free Sage 50 Computerised Accounting software for 6 months **
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
- Access to Career Hub for 3 Months (Find More)
** Compatible with Windows PC Only
Sage Training Duration
6 Weeks for Classroom-based or Online Live.
6 Months for Distance Learning
Sage Training Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime or Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Training Course.
Online Live – We offer Evening or Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Training Classes through our Virtual Learning Campus.
Distance Learning – Self Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus.
Sage Training Certification
You will receive a CPD Completion certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. Then, you have an Option to attain Certificate from SAGE(UK) subject to passing the exams.
- +Level 1
Sage 50 Training Level 1
- Working with Sage 50 Accounts Program Basics.
- Creating Account names, Numbers & Bank Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Generating Customers Invoices
- Monitoring Customer Activity
- Generating Product Invoices & Credit Notes
- Compiling & Sending Customer Statements
- Creating Customer Receipts & Purchase Invoices
- Supplier Payments
- Managing Recurring Entries
- Generating Reports & Information
- The Active Set-Up Wizard
- VAT Changes.
- +Level 2
Sage 50 Training Level 2
- An overview of the Sage program
- Entering opening balances, preparing and printing a trial balance
- Creating customer records
- Creating supplier records
- Setting up opening assets, liabilities and capital balances,
- Producing routine reports
- Checking data,
- Entering supplier invoices
- Posting error corrections, amending records
- Invoicing, generating customer letters, entering new products, checking communication history
- Banking and payments, producing statements, petty cash
- Audit trails, correcting basic entry errors, reconciling debtors and creditors
- Creating sales credit notes,
- Processing purchase credit notes
- Preparing journals
- Verifying Audit Trail
- Purchase orders, processing sales orders
- Processing Trial Balance
- Creating Backups
- Restoring data
- Writing-off bad debts
- +Level 3
Sage 50 Training Level 3
- Creating a Chart of Accounts to Suit Company Requirements
- Sole Trader Accounts preparation
- The Trial Balance preparation
- Errors in the Trial Balance
- Disputed Items
- Use of the Journal
- Prepare and Process Month End Routine
- Contra Entries
- The Government Gateway and VAT Returns
- Bad Debts and Provision for Doubtful Debts
- Prepare and Produce Final Accounts
- Management Information Reports
- Making Decisions with Reports Using Sage
- The Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Cash Flow and Forecast Reports
- Advanced Credit Control
What qualification will I gain?
You have the choice to gain certification from one of the following awarding bodies.
CERTIFICATION FROM SAGE (UK)
As Osborne Training is a Sage (UK) Approved training provider, you could gain the following qualifications provided that you book and register for exams and pass the exams successfully:
- Sage 50c Computerised Accounting Course (Level 1)
- Sage 50c Computerised Accounting Course (Level 2)
- Sage 50c Computerised Accounting Course (Level 3)
All exams are conducted online through Sage (UK).
Exam Fees Per assessment or per level including Registration: £175.
Once you book an exam, you get access to Sage Qualifications online Portal for 6 months with additional practice materials. You can attempt to complete the online exam any time within that 6 months. Once completed, you get the digital certificate direct from Sage (UK).
Please note that the Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll exams are taken on the Cloud version, where the interface is slightly different from the Desktop version. However, the principles still remain the same.
Therefore, candidates are given extra materials to practice before attempting the exam on the Sage Qualifications Portal. We believe that having experience with both the Desktop and Cloud versions enhances the knowledge and expertise of the candidates.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Senior Accountant
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Sales ledger clerk
In these roles, you could earn on average more than £50,000 per annum (source: Reed Salary Checker, UK Only).
*Terms & Conditions apply
In addition to this Sage training course, you may progress to do AAT to become a Professional Accountant.
Sage Training Fees
|Course||Mode of Study|
|Classroom Based||Online Live||Distance Learning|
|Regular Fee||Discounted Fee||Regular Fee||Discounted Fee||Regular Fee||Discounted Fee|
|Sage 50 Bookkeeping/Accounting-
Fast Track (Levels 1-3)
*Discounted Fees are available for Limited Period.
You may choose any of the following options to pay for your course
By Debit/Credit Card: You can pay in full on our website using the Enrol Online option. You may be eligible to claim a free Tablet PC (Eligibility Criteria Applies, Find More Here)
Flexible Payment Option: You may consider paying your fees over 6, 9, or 12 monthly instalments at 0% Interest through Student Loan. Initially, you pay 10% of the course fees and then the rest of the amount over the loan period as a monthly direct debit. Our payment plans are provided by Duology Finance, any credit agreement you enter into is subject to a credit check and will be governed by Duology/Omni Capital Retail Finance’s terms and conditions. (Find More Here)
Employer Funded: If your current employer is likely to fund the Course, please send us your employer details (Name, Address, email address, Telephone, and Contact Person) and we will send a Customised Course proposal to ensure a smooth enrolment experience. An invoice for the Employer can also be raised if required. (Find More Here)
Once payment is completed, please complete the enrolment form provided in the welcome/Course Enrolment Confirmation email.
Booking with Deposit
Fees are discounted for a Limited period, therefore early booking is always advisable, you can book your course by paying as little as £100 Deposit* specially if you are not ready to start your course now. Therefore, even when the course fee increases it does not affect you. When you book with a deposit, we can book your place for 6 months from the payment date. If you start the course within 6 months of the booking the deposit amount will be deducted from the total Course fees.
Click Here to book with a deposit.
*Please note, all deposit payments are non-refundable.If you have further questions about the course please complete the “Get Course Information Kit” form to get the updated fee information.
On completion, you should receive an email with the updated course fee information & available Course start dates. One of our course advisors will also be in touch to check whether you require any further support.
Additional 10% Discount Available for Individuals who are working or worked within the last two years, as a key worker in the following sector:
- Health and Care
- Armed Forces
- Evidence of employment is required
- Course funding must be by the individual
- Discount is not available with any other offer
The course fee for Sage training courses varies on the study method chosen. You can pay for the course fees in the following ways
- Self Funded
- Employer Funded
- Private Education Loan
Please get in touch to find out the course fees and whether you qualify for the course by calling on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form on this page. One of our specialist course advisers will get back to you within 24 hours.