Sage Training Overview
If you’re looking to gain competency in the world’s most popular bookkeeping software, the Sage 50 Computerised Accounting course will teach everything you need to know, while helping you gain a recognised qualification. This Course is designed to provide individuals from beginner to advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and Sage 50 accounts. It is intended for individuals who aim to improve career prospects and to be able to better financial management and control of business. This course covers Level 1-3 of Sage 50 Bookkeeping/Accounting Training.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. Therefore, Bookkeepers play a vital role within organisations; ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
If you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who:
- Are thinking about starting up their own business or who are currently running their own business
- Are thinking about changing from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- And are looking to improve their career prospects.
There is no formal requirement for this course. However, if English is not your first language, you may need to go through initial screening for suitability.
What support is available?
- Free high quality Scenario based materials
- Sage Training Manual as eBook
- Tutorial support
- Student Discount with NUS card
- Exam fees and exam booking service under AAT or IAB
- Personalised individual study plan
- Specialist Career Management service
- Free Sage 50 Computerised Accounting software
- Optional AAT/IAB/Sage Student Membership and Certificate
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
Sage training Duration
Sage Training Options
Classroom Based – We offer Daytime or Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Training Course.
Online Live – We offer Evening or Weekend sessions for Sage 50 Bookkeeping Training Classes through our Virtual Learning Campus.
Distance Learning – Self Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus.
Sage Training Certification
You will receive a certificate from Osborne Training once you finish the course. Then, you have an Option to get an AAT/IAB/Sage Certificate subject to passing the exams.
You will have to complete computer-based assessments to get the certificate. To successfully complete the qualification the candidate must pass the Mandatory element of assessment. The unit is graded as Pass or Fail and the minimum level of achievement is set at 70%.
*Subject to availability
Sage Training Course Syllabus:
Sage 50 Training Level 1
- Working with Sage 50 Accounts Program Basics.
- Creating Account names, Numbers & Bank Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Generating Customers Invoices
- Stock Control
- Monitoring Customer Activity
- Generating Product Invoices & Credit Notes
- Compiling & Sending Customer Statements
- Creating Customer Receipts & Purchase Invoices
- Supplier Payments
- Managing Recurring Entries
- Generating Reports & Information
- The Active Set-Up Wizard
- VAT Changes.
Sage 50 Training Level 2
- An overview of the Sage program
- Entering opening balances, preparing and printing a trial balance
- Creating customer records
- Creating supplier records
- Setting up opening assets, liabilities and capital balances,
- Producing routine reports
- Checking data,
- Entering supplier invoices
- Posting error corrections, amending records
- Invoicing, generating customer letters, entering new products, checking communication history
- Banking and payments, producing statements, petty cash
- Audit trails, correcting basic entry errors, reconciling debtors and creditors
- Creating sales credit notes,
- Processing purchase credit notes
- Preparing journals
- Verifying Audit Trail
- Purchase orders, processing sales orders
- Processing Trial Balance
- Creating Backups
- Restoring data
- Writing-off bad debts
Sage 50 Training Level 3
- Creating a Chart of Accounts to Suit Company Requirements
- Sole Trader Accounts preparation
- The Trial Balance preparation
- Errors in the Trial Balance
- Disputed Items
- Use of the Journal
- Prepare and Process Month End Routine
- Contra Entries
- The Government Gateway and VAT Returns
- Bad Debts and Provision for Doubtful Debts
- Prepare and Produce Final Accounts
- Extended Trial Balance
- Exporting Data including Linking to Other Systems
- Management Information Reports
- Making Decisions with Reports Using Sage
- Prepare and Process Year End Accounts and Archive Data
- Final Accounts for Partnerships including Appropriation Accounts
- The Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Cash Flow and Forecast Reports
- Advanced Credit Control
At the end of the course you also get the opportunity for Free Job Placement (Optional)
What qualification will I gain?
You have the choice to gain certification from one of the following awarding bodies.
AAT Exam for Sage Accounting
- Introductory Award in Computerised Accounting
- Foundation Award in Accounting Software
Exam Fees Per assessment including AAT Registration : £135
IAB Exam for Sage Bookkeeping
As Osborne Training is an IAB Approved training provider, you could gain the following IAB qualifications provided that you book and register for IAB exams and pass the exams successfully:
- IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (QCF) 500/9405/1
- IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (QCF) 500/9261/3
- And IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (QCF) 500/9407/5
Exam Fees Per assessment including IAB Registration : £135
SAGE Certified Exam for Sage Accounting
As Osborne Training is a SAGE Certified training provider you can attain the following Sage Certificate by completing Sage Exam Online.
- Level 1 Sage Computersied Accounting
- Level 2 Sage Computersied Accounting
- and Level 3 Sage Computersied Accounting
Exam Fees Per assessment including SAGE Registration : £135
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Senior Accountant
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Sales ledger clerk
In these roles, you could earn up to £35,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2014, UK Only).
*Terms & Conditions apply
In addition to this Sage training course, you may progress to do AAT to become a Chartered Accountant.
Sage Training Fees
Finally, please inquire to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. One of our specialist course adviser will get back to you within 1 working day.