Taxation Courses Overview
It is a comprehensive practical training programme on Taxation designed to build the bridge between knowledge and practical aspects of accounting and tax. With this tax classes all modules of tax and accounting are covered and after completing the modules you will have the chance to get hands on experience which will open the door for lucrative tax and accounting sector. Our Total Taxation courses are suitable for claiming CPD points.
Who is it for?
- Part Qualified, Freshly Qualified Accountancy/Taxation Students
- Graduates with No or little Job Experience
- Students Currently Studying or intending to study Accountancy or want to refresh knowledge on tax and accounting
- People who are already working in the industry but want to gain detailed knowledge about tax and accounting
- Thinking of opening a practice firm.
Duration for Tax Training – 8 Weeks (Weekdays/Weekend/Evening)
You can start anytime of the year. The training takes place once each week.
When can I start Tax Classes?
You can enrol at any time – start today.
Are there any requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this Total Taxation course. If English is not your first language, you may need to go through initial screening for suitability. Moreover, we also expect the candidates to have basic knowledge of Accountancy.
What support is available for tax classes?
- Free high quality taxation courses materials
- Tax classes are carried out by expert tutors
- Student Discount with NUS card available for taxation courses
- Personalised individual study plan
- Specialist Career Management service
- Choice of Online or Classroom Based Study
- State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
Total Taxation course Study Options:
Classroom Based from our London Campus or Online Live Training Classes through our Virtual Learning Campus.
Advanced Excel Bookkeeping Training Content
- Creating worksheets, formatting text
- Simple and complex formulas
- Handling rows and columns
- Average, max and min functions and using charts.
- Use of IF Formula
- Summing Techniques
- Cell References
- Formula Linking
- Tables and Bordering
- Look up References (Vlookup, Hlookup,etc)
- Data Validation
- Conditional Formatting
- Date & Time Formulas
- Charts & Graphs
- Protection & Security
- Creating Pivot Table
- Pivot Table Analysis
VAT Training – Preparation and Submission Training Content
- Understanding VAT Principles
- Analysis of different VAT Scheme
- Preparing VAT in Spreadsheet
- Reconciliation of VAT
- Completing a VAT return
- Import and Export VAT analysis
- Calculating VAT for a business with mixed zero-rated and standard-rated sales, using Spreadsheet
- Introduction of TOMS (Tour Operator Margin Scheme)
- Submission Steps of VAT Return to HMRC
- Introduction to Making Tax Digital(VAT) scheme
Personal Tax Return Training Content
- Identify the type(s) of returns that may be completed
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a bookkeeper / tax agent when completing self-assessment tax returns
- Calculating the taxes on profits for Self Employed & on income for Employed individuals
- Understanding differences between Drawings & Dividends
- Introduction to UTR and NI Classes
- Understanding Tax Return submission procedures to HMRC (using 2 individual Scenarios)
- Analysing Class 2 & Class 4 NIC
- Analysing Personal Allowance
- Analysing Income from Self Employments
- Employment benefits Analysis
- Analysis of Car & Fuel benefits
- Analysis on savings and investment income and tax implications on them.
- Introduction to Capital Gains Tax analysis
- Introduction to Inheritance Tax Analysis
- Understanding the procedure for payment and administration of both tax and National Insurance Contributions
Company Accounting and Tax Training Content
- Identifying requirements to set up a UK Company
- Identifying Statutory Requirements for Companies
- Introduction to Confirmation Statement processing
- Identifying Types of Companies based on size
- Identifying Types and requirements of various Submissions available
- Identifying minimum requirements in a Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
- Identifying Tax Return periods and deadlines
- Identifying Penalties for Late filing
- Identifying Closing Down Procedures for Companies
- Introduction to the Filing Company accounts procedure
- Company house forms and correspondences
- Understanding of IXBRL requirements
- Understanding submission procedures using HMRC Online CT600 (Webfiling)
- Using one Business(SME/Micro Entity) case to understand the procedures on Annual Submission for Company Tax Return and Accounts submission
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Tax advisor
- Tax consultant
- Accounting & Tax Manager
- Finance Officer
In these roles, you could earn on average more than £50,000 per annum (source: Reed Salary Checker, UK Only).
Benefits for Trainees
Completion of this training will open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extending current skills if you are currently employed
- Start your own accountancy Practice
- Work in wide range of businesses
- Update your knowledge on tax and accountancy
- Improve your employ-ability prospects
- A career path into tax and accountancy
- Ideal Continuing Professional Development course
- Gain a qualification to boost your CV
- Gain an accredited qualification
- Start your training immediately without having to wait for the new term to begin
- Free Tablet PC for limited period.*
- Gain Verifiable CPD Units
Total Taxation Training Fees
This course is being offered in two forms Classroom and Online Live based. Finally, please get in touch to find out the course fees and whether you qualify for the course by calling on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. One of our specialist course adviser will get back to you within 1 working day.
All course fees are inclusive of VAT.