A. What is AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
AAT Level 4 is the highest level or final stage of the AAT Accounting qualification.
This qualification provides the skills necessary for a ‘Finance Officer’ role including the complex management accounting tasks, general management skills, drafting financial statements and specialist learning areas.
This provides you with an opportunity to become a professional member of AAT and use MAAT after your name. You are also entitled to exemptions in the UK’s chartered and certified accounting qualifications.
Besides, if you want to pursue your career further in University, you are entitled to exemptions for up to two years in various universities in the UK.
B. AAT Level 4 Course Duration
We would expect AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting course to take approximately 8-10 months to complete for most students.
You should have completed the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or equivalent accounting qualification. If you have equivalent accounting qualification or practical experience you may also be eligible for CPL (Credit for Prior Learning). You can check your suitability for the course at AAT Skillcheck website. You should be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement.
Get in touch to a course adviser to find more on your eligibility.
Our tutors are highly qualified with extensive knowledge & experience in accountancy and Finance.
D. AAT Level 4 Study Options
1. Classroom Based
We offer Evening and Weekend sessions for AAT Level 4 at our various centres in the UK.
What’s Included in the Classroom Based Learning Package
2. Online Live
Live Interactive Online Classes are offered through our State of The Art Virtual Learning Campus.
What’s Included in the Online Live Package
You get in-depth recorded webinars (Video Lectures) for various topic areas covering all 6 units in AAT Level 4 Professional Qualification. In addition, you also get total of Six live sessions for six units, the live sessions work as revision sessions giving the students opportunity to ask any questions in real time. The classes usually take place on Mondays evenings. All live teaching sessions are recorded even when you miss them.
Click Here to find more on how AAT Online Live Course works.
3. Distance Learning
Self Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus.
What’s Included in the Distance Learning Package
Click Here to find more on how AAT Distance Learning Course works.
E. AAT Level 4 Modules – Syllabus Summary
The Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting covers the following areas:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
F. AAT Level 4 Course Summary
- AAT Level 4 qualification – comparable to a Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual.
- Six-course books consisting of four mandatory units of study and Two Optional Units.
- Five computer-based assessments and one synoptic assessment taken at our approved centre or an external examination centre.
- 400 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)– however, you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week.
- Flexible payment options are available.
- Offers progression towards studies in Chartered Accountancy (i.e. ACCA, CIMA).
- Exemption available, if you want to pursue an academic career in Universities.
For AAT Courses Distance Learning or AAT Online Live Courses
You must have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
G. What you will gain?
Here you’ll learn how to draft financial statements for limited companies, perform complex management accounting tasks and develop your own management skills, perform tax calculation for business & individuals and other specialist learning areas.
You will be awarded “AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting certificate” from the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), once you have passed all the professional-level qualification exams and skill tests.
Once you finish Level 4 you become a professional member of AAT and you may use MAAT after your name to stand out from the crowd as an officially Accredited Accountant.
H. What Next after Qualifying AAT level 4 ?
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Accounting Qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Apply for AAT professional membership and use the letters “MAAT” after your name
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions)
- Become your own boss with our members in practice (MIP) scheme
- Progress to university with AAT giving you 160 UCAS points
- Work overseas with our internationally recognised qualification
Why Osborne Training?
- We are an AAT Approved training provider, well-known for quality
- Highly expert & experienced tutors
- 24/7 Access to our State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
- High quality study material
- Flexible payment option
- Free exam preparation kit
- Your CV will stand out from the crowd
- State of the art classrooms for Classroom Based Courses
- Expert Tutorial support from the tutor for Distance Learning and Online Live courses
- Student Discount Card from NUS*
- Exam Booking Service
*Please note, NUS charges £20 for the issue of the card. It will allow you to get discounts in many places.
I. Course Fees for AAT Professional Level Qualification Course
The course fee for the AAT professional level accounting course varies depending on the study method chosen. You may pay for the course fees in the following ways:
- Self Funded
- Private Education Loan
- Employer Funded
Please call us to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. One of our specialist course advisers will get back to you within 24 hours.
In addition to the tuition fee, students will need to register with AAT and pay registration, exams and skill test fees. For more details please visit the AAT website.