What is AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
This is AAT Level 4 qualification which is the highest level of AAT Accounting qualification. This qualification which provides the skills necessary for a ‘Finance Officer’ role including the complex management accounting tasks, general management skills, drafting financial statements and specialist learning areas. This provides you an opportunity to become professional member of AAT and use MAAT after your name. You are also entitled to exemptions in UK’s chartered and certified accounting qualifications. If you want to pursue your career further in University, you are entitled to exemptions for up to two years in various universities in UK.
AAT Level 4 Course Duration
We would expect this qualification to take approximately 7-8 months to complete for most students.
You should have completed AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or equivalent accounting qualification. If you have equivalent accounting qualification or practical experience you may also be eligible for CPL (Credit for Prior Learning). Speak to a course adviser to find more on your eligibility.
Our tutors are highly qualified with extensive knowledge & experience in accountancy and Finance.
AAT Level 4 Study Options
Classroom Based – We offer Evening and Weekend sessions for AAT Level 4 from various centres.
AAT Level 4 Modules – Syllabus Summary
The Level 4 Diploma in Accounting covers the following areas:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
AAT Level 4 Course Summary
- AAT Level 4 qualification – comparable to a Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual.
- Six course books consisting of four mandatory units of study and Two Optional Units.
- Five computer-based assessments and one synoptic assessment taken at our Centre or an approved external examination centre.
- 400 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)– however, you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week.
- Flexible payment options available.
- Offers progression towards studies in Chartered Accountancy (i.e. ACCA, CIMA).
- Exemption available, if you want to pursue academic career in Universities.
For AAT Courses Distance Learning or AAT Online Live Courses
You must have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
What you will gain?
Here you’ll learn how to draft financial statements for limited companies, perform complex management accounting tasks and develop your own management skills, perform tax calculation for business & individuals and other specialist learning areas.
You will be awarded with AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting certificate from Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) once you have passed all the exams and skill tests.
Once you finish Level 4 you become a professional member of AAT and you may use MAAT after your name to confirm you are officially an Accredited Accountant.
Next steps after qualifying for AAT level 4
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Accounting Qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Apply for AAT professional membership and use the letters MAAT after your name
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions)
- Become your own boss with our members in practice (MIP) scheme
- Progress to university with AAT giving you 160 UCAS points
- Work overseas with our internationally recognised qualification
Why Osborne Training?
- We are well known for quality
- We have highly expert tutors
- 24/7 Access to our State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
- Free High quality study material
- Flexible payment option
- Free exam preparation kit
- Your CV will stand out from the crowd
- State of the art classroom
- Expert Tutorial support from the tutor
- Student Discount Card from NUS
- Exam Booking Service
- Free Tablet PC ( For Limited Period)
AAT Course Fees
The AAT course fee varies depending on the study method chosen. You may pay for the course fees in the following ways
- Self Funded
- Private Education Loan
- Employer Funded
Please call us to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. One of our specialist course adviser will get back to you within 24 hours.
In addition to the tuition fee, students will need to register with AAT and pay registration, exam and skill test fees. For more details please visit AAT website.