What is AAT Bookkeeping Course
If you want to become a certified bookkeeper with AATQB (AAT Qualified Bookkeeper) status, then you must complete the AAT bookkeeping course successfully. This bookkeeping course is broken down into two levels,
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AQ22)
- AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AQ22)
Once you pass all 4 exams successfully, you can gain AATQB status giving you the leading edge to build a successful career in bookkeeping.
Jobs available for Bookkeeper
- Accounts senior
- Credit Controller
- Sales/Purchase Ledger Clerk
In these roles, you could expect to earn on average more than £25,000 per year. (Source: National Career Service)
We would expect the AAT bookkeeping courses to take 6-12 months to complete for most students.
Our tutors are highly qualified with extensive knowledge of bookkeeping. Our Tutors helped thousands of students to achieve over 96% pass rate.
Bookkeeping Courses Study Options
You can choose one of the study options best suitable to ensure your study does not hamper your other commitments.
We offer evening, Weekend and Daytime sessions for AAT Bookkeeping courses from London campus and other centres.
Live Interactive Online Classes by expert tutors are offered through our State of The Art Virtual Learning Campus for students throughout UK. Therefore, Live online courses are best if you can commit a regular hours and can not commit to travel to our campus. Click Here to find more on how Online Live Course works.
Self Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus for students throughout UK. Therefore, Distance Learning is best if you cannot commit a regular hours and if you want to study at your own pace. Click Here to find more on how Distance Learning Course works.
Course Syllabus Summary
The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping covers the following areas:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
The Level 3 Diploma in Bookkeeping covers the following areas:
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Tax Processes for Business
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual.
- Four course books , one for each unit and workbooks from Osborne Books
- Four computer-based tests can be taken at our Centre or an approved external examination centre.
- Additional study materials through VLC (Virtual Learning Campus), such as practice activities, crosswords, interactive tests etc.
- Flexible payment options available
What you will gain?
A student completing AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification will develop the underpinning skills required in all accountancy and finance roles. They will use bookkeeping skills to confidently perform accounting transactions and understand how to process financial information in accordance with set procedures and schedules.
You will be awarded with AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping from Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) once you have passed all two exams.
A student completing AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification will develop the skills needed for financial processes including accounting principles and concepts, advanced bookkeeping and preparing financial statements. They will also understand business issues regarding payroll and value added tax (VAT) (which may be known by another name in other countries). All of this will be learned in the context of the ethical issues that a bookkeeper may encounter in their professional life. Qualification Specifications attached.
The two units are assessed individually through computer based end of unit assessments.
You will be awarded with AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping from Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) once you have passed all two exams.
On completion, you will be eligible for Certified Bookkeeper Status. It gives you greater recognition and professional approval.
Why Osborne Training?
- We are well known for quality
- Our tutors are experts and with many years of industry experience
- 24/7 Access to our State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
- High quality study material
- Flexible payment option
- IT equipped classrooms for Classroom-based courses
- Expert Tutorial support from the tutor
- Student Discount Card from NUS*
- Exam Booking Service at our campus
- Access to Career Hub for 3 Months (Find More)
Next steps after qualifying
You will be awarded Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping and Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping from the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) once you have passed all the exams.
Therefore, you will be eligible for Certified Bookkeeper Status. It gives you greater recognition and professional approval.
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Bookkeeping Qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Apply for AATQB Status
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions)
- Become your own boss by offering Bookkeeping services to businesses
- Progress to university to gain further academic accreditation
- Work overseas with this internationally recognised qualification
- Join our career hub to get regular news on jobs and tips.
Course Entry Requirements
To enrol on Bookkeeping courses, we recommend that you have a basic GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics and a keen interest in Bookkeeping. We also recommend that students take the AAT’s Skill Check to measure their prior knowledge.
You should be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement.
For AAT Distance Learning or AAT Online Live Courses
You must have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period.
And you must have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus.
AAT Bookkeeping Course Fees
The course fee for AAT bookkeeping courses varies on the study method chosen. You can pay for the course fees in the following ways
- Self Funded
- Employer Funded
- Private Education Loan
Please get in touch to find out the course fees and whether you qualify for the course by calling on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. One of our specialist course adviser will get back to you within 24 hours.
In addition to the tuition fee, students will need to register with AAT and pay registration, exam and skill test fees.
AAT Registration Fee: One-off fee of £65 for Level 2 Bookkeeping and £90 for Level 3 Bookkeeping payable to AAT.
Exam Fee: £85-£90 Per unit on average (depending on the centre)
For more details on AAT registration, please visit the AAT website.
Additional 10% Discount Available for Individuals who are working as a key worker in the following sector:
• Health and Care
1. Evidence of employment is required
2. Course funding must be by the individual
3. Discount is not available with any other offer