A. What is “AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting”?
AAT Level 2 is the first level of qualification for people with limited or no accounts knowledge.
This “Foundation Certificate in accounting” training equips you for an entry-level role in an Accounting or Finance department.
Moreover, this AAT course also lays the groundwork for a promising future in the accounting profession.
By the end of the course, you will have a greater understanding and skills of manual and computerised accounts and how to use them in a ‘real business world’ setting.
B. Course Duration
We normally expect the AAT Level 2 accounting course to take 6 months to complete for most students.
Osborne Training brings you the hand-picked AAT tutors who are highly qualified and hold extensive knowledge of accountancy.
C. Study Options for AAT Level 2 Qualification Course
1. Classroom Based
We offer evening, Weekend and Daytime sessions for AAT courses in London, Watford, Birmingham and various other locations.
What’s Included in the Classroom Based Learning Package
2. AAT Online Live
Our state of the art Virtual Learning Campus (VLC) enables you to interactively attend AAT Level 2 accounting classes online in real-time for live learning.
What’s Included in the Online Live Package
Click Here to find more on how Online Live Course works.
3. AAT Distance Learning
Self-Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus.
What’s Included in the Distance Learning Package
Click Here to find more on how Distance Learning Course works.
D. Syllabus Summary: AAT Foundation Course Modules
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting covers the following areas:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Cost
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software (i.e SAGE)
[OPTIONAL]: AAT Accounting Fast Track
Take advantage of two bundled AAT Accounting qualification courses in one economical package with our AAT Fast Track option that combines AAT Level 2 & 3 courses together.
Through this Accounting Fast track option, you will be able to complete the accounting qualifications much faster than normal duration.
E. AAT Level 2 Course Summary
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual. This course is equivalent to QCF Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
- Five course books , one for each unit and workbooks from Osborne Books
- Four computer-based tests and one Synoptic Assessment taken at our Centre or an approved external examination centre.
- 210 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – however, you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week
- Flexible payment options available
- Fast Track option available – take advantage of two courses in one economical package with our combined Fast Track AAT Level 2 & 3 course
What Can You Do After This Course?
The Level 2 AAT Accounting Certificate offers progression to the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
F. How This AAT Accounting Course Boosts Your Career?
This AAT qualification level will help you develop basic skills in double-entry bookkeeping and give you an understanding of management and administrative processes.
You’ll learn how to use manual and computerised accounting systems and to work with the purchase ledger, sales ledger and general ledger.
You would also get a better understanding of budgeting and costing.
You’ll be awarded “AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting” from the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), once you pass all the exams and skill tests.
After completing AAT Level 2, you may either proceed to Level 3, or alternatively can study both Level 2 & Level 3 together through the AAT Fast Track option.
G. Why Osborne Training?
- We are well-known for quality
- Highly expert & experienced tutors
- 24/7 Access to our State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus (VLC)
- High quality study materials
- Flexible payment options available
- Free exam preparation kit
- Free Sage course
- Your CV will stand out from the crowd
- State of the art classrooms for classroom based courses
- Expert Tutorial support from the tutor
- Student Discount Card from NUS
- Exam Booking Service
*Please note, NUS charges £20 for the issue of the card. It will allow you to get discounts in many places.
H. What Next After Qualifying AAT Foundation Level?
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting, you’ll be able to progress towards AAT Level 3 and AAT Level 4 Qualifications. On completion of the AAT Qualification you will be able to:
- Apply for AAT professional membership and use the letters “MAAT” after your name
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions)
- Become your own boss with our members in practice (MIP) scheme
- Progress to university with AAT giving you 160 UCAS points
- Work overseas with our internationally recognised qualification
To enrol on our AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting course, we recommend that you have a basic GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics and a keen interest in Accounting.
We also recommend that students take the AAT’s Skillcheck to measure their prior knowledge.
Additionally, you should have reasonable skills in English and IT to complete the course successfully.
You should be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement.
For AAT Distance Learning or AAT Online Live Courses
You must have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period.
It is essential that you have a PC with the Windows XP operating system or higher to run the Sage software.
Furthermore, you should have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus.
J. Course Fees For AAT Level 2
The AAT Level 2 course fee varies on the study method chosen. You can pay for the AAT accounting course fees in the following ways:
- Self Funded
- Private Education Loan
- Employer Funded
Please call us to find out the course fees and eligibility on 0203 608 7179 or fill out the “Get Course Information Kit” form on this page. One of our AAT specialist course advisers will get back to you within 24 hours.
In addition to the tuition fee, students will need to register with AAT and pay registration, exams and skill test fees. For more details please visit the AAT website.
Additional 10% Discount Available for Individuals who are working as a key worker in the following sector:
• Health and Care
1. Evidence of employment is required
2. Course funding must be by the individual
3. Discount is not available with any other offer
Q: What is AAT Level 2 Equivalent to?
A: AAT Level 2 Qualification is equivalent to GCSE, this qualification is linked to the current Accountancy National Occupational Standards.
Q: What are the study methods available?
A: At Osborne Training, students can choose classroom based learning or Distance Learning or Online Learning to suit their needs.
Q: What is the requirement to start AAT Level 2 Course?
A: AAT does not set any prerequisites for the study of the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting. However, good standard of English and maths is recommended.
Q: Can I enrol anytime of the year for this course?
A: For Distance Learning and Online Live courses, you can join any time. For classroom based courses, we offer various starting times throughout the year, please get in touch to find more on upcoming dates.
Q: How many exams do you need to pass to complete this qualification?
A: There are 4 unit exams and one synoptic exam students need to pass to complete AAT Level 2 qualification successfully.