What is AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
The first level of the qualification is for people with limited or no accounts knowledge. The AAT Level 2 Certificate in accounting training will equip you for an entry level role in an Accounting or Finance department. By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of manual and computerised accounts and how to use them in a ‘real world’ setting.
AAT Level 2 Course Duration
We would expect this qualification to take 6 months to complete for most students.
Our tutors are highly qualified with extensive knowledge of accountancy.
AAT Accounting Courses Study Options
We offer evening, Weekend and Daytime sessions for AAT Level 2 courses.
Live Interactive Online Classes are offered through our State of The Art Virtual Learning Campus.
Self Study with Study Material and access to Online study Material through Virtual Learning Campus.
AAT Fast Track Option
Take advantage of two courses in one economical package with our combined Fast Track AAT Level 2 & 3 course together. Through Fast track option you will be able to complete the qualification much quicker than normal period.
AAT Level 2 Module – Syllabus Summary
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting covers the following areas:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Cost
- Work effectively in finance
- Using Accounting Software (i.e SAGE)
AAT Level 2 Course Summary
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual. This course is equivalent to QCF Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
- Five course books , one for each unit and workbooks from Osborne Books
- Four computer-based tests and one Synoptic Assessment taken at our Centre or an approved external examination centre.
- 210 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – however, you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week
- Flexible payment options available
- Fast Track option available – take advantage of two courses in one economical package with our combined Fast Track AAT Level 2 & 3 course
The Level 2 AAT Accounting Certificate offers progression to the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
What you will gain?
This level will help you develop your skills in double entry bookkeeping and give you an understanding of management and administrative processes. You’ll learn how to use manual and computerised accounting systems and to work with the purchase ledger, sales ledger and general ledger. You would also get better understanding about budgeting and costing.
You will be awarded with AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting certificate from Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) once you have passed all the exams and skill tests.
Once you finish Level 2 you may progress towards Level 3, or alternatively you can study both Level 2& Level 3 together through the fast track option.
Why Osborne Training?
- We are well known for quality
- We have highly expert tutors
- 24/7 Access to our State of the Art Virtual Learning Campus
- Free High quality study material
- Flexible payment option
- Free exam preparation kit
- Very close to Stratford Station and Olympic site & Westfield Mall
- Free Sage course
- Your CV will stand out from the crowd
- State of the art classroom
- Expert Tutorial support from the tutor
- Student Discount Card from NUS
- Exam Booking Service
- Free Tablet PC ( For Limited Period)
Next steps after qualifying
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Accounting Qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Apply for AAT professional membership and use the letters MAAT after your name
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions)
- Become your own boss with our members in practice (MIP) scheme
- Progress to university with AAT giving you 160 UCAS points
- Work overseas with our internationally recognised qualification
To enrol on our AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course, we recommend that you have a basic GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics and a keen interest in Accounting. We also recommend that students take the AAT’s Skill Check to measure their prior knowledge.
If English is not your first language, you may have to go through initial screening to ensure suitability.You should be over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement.
For AAT Distance Learning or AAT Online Live Courses
You must have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
It is essential that you have a PC with the Windows XP operating system or higher to run the Sage software
You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
AAT Course Fees
The Fee varies for aat accounting courses depending on the study method chosen. You can pay for the course fees in the following ways
- Self Funded
- Private Education Loan
- Employer Funded
Please inquire to find out the fees on 0203 608 7179 or fill the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
In addition to the tuition fee, students will need to register with AAT and pay registration, exam and skill test fees. For more details please visit AAT website.
AAT Approved Training Provider