AAT Qualification – Frequently Asked Questions!
If you have any further questions about AAT qualification, please contact a course adviser who would be more than happy to help you. Don’t forget you can also visit the AAT website for more information on AAT qualification and exams information.
What Does AAT Stand For?
AAT stands for Association of Accounting Technicians.
What is AAT?
AAT is a leading accounting body for accounting professionals. With more than 130,000 active members AAT boasts itself to be a prominent body for accounting professionals.
What is AAT Qualification equivalent to?
AAT Qualification is equivalent to accounting technician level qualification. AAT Level 2 is Equivalent to GCSE, AAT Level 3 is equivalent to two A-Levels and AAT Level 4 is equivalent to QCF Level 4 qualification. With an AAT qualification, you get exemptions from degree courses at over 30 Universities in the UK.
AAT Levels explained
AAT Level 1 is the starting level and no exams are required. You may start Level 2 without attending AAT Level 1 given that you have basic numeracy skills. It is a Basic Level and includes 4 assessments. Then, Level 3 is an Intermediate level and includes 4 assessments. Finally, Level 4 is the top level of AAT qualification. It includes 5 assessments.
- +Can I Pay in Installments?
- Yes, Normally you can. Please contact an enrolment consultant to find more about the Finance options available. (level 2/3/4).
Otherwise you may pay in full and receive a Free Tablet PC (Find More).
- +Where does the training take place?
- Classroom Based – The training takes place at Osborne Training in a classroom environment under the supervision of a qualified Teacher.
We offer Evening, Weekend, and Daytime sessions for AAT courses in London and Watford.
Online Live – Through our state of the Art Virtual Learning Campus, that allows students to easily interact with instructors and fellow students in-person virtually Live.
Distance Learning – Where you will self study at your own pace with the materials provided Online and Offline.
- +Can I get job after completion?
- There is no guaranteed job promised to our candidates. However, we help candidates find a job by offering CV and interview tips through Career Hub. AAT qualification is highly in demand in the job sector, so with better preparation you are very likely to get a job related to aat qualification.
- +What is the timing for the training?
- We offer evening, weekend and daytime sessions, please contact an advisor to find out in more detail.
- +Can I Study Different levels of AAT at the same time?
- Definitely you can. It will also help you to finish the qualification a lot earlier. However, speak to a senior adviser for more information.
- +Can I do AAT without any previous experience in Accountancy?
- The AAT course is suitable for students from all different background of knowledge. However, for Level 3 & 4 you may have to go through Initial screening to verify suitability.
- +What Study materials do I get?
- You get course books, practice papers and many other valuable resources to ensure you are ready for exams.
- +What Certificate do I get?
- You get certificates at the end of each level finished from AAT.
- +Are AAT courses provided on full time basis?
- The AAT courses are provided on part time basis.
- +How many days per week do I need to attend classes?
- For each level you need to attend at least one day each week when you join in-campus or online live courses.
- +Are exam fees and study materials included in the course fee?
- Study materials are included; however, exam fees are not.
- +What is the Pass Guarantee Scheme?
- It means if you fail your exam on the first attempt taken at our centres, you can still get tuition until you pass for that module free of charge depending on the availability and timetable. This Service is valid for one year from the enrolment date and applicable to Classroom based courses only.
- +How to Transfer to AQ22 syllabus from AQ16
- You may transfer from AQ 16 to AQ22 syllabus if you meet certain criteria. Check Eligibility
- +Do I need to register with AAT?
- Yes, it is mandatory that students register with AAT. AAT Charges one-off registration fee for each level for student members. If you are not sure about the process, ask your tutor who will be able to help you on that. Or otherwise you may contact AAT to find more about the membership procedures.
- +How do I book AAT Exams?
- You can book your exam through Your own VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) Account Course Page. Otherwise, you may book over the phone. For External students, please book it through the AAT Exams page on the website.