The Ultimate Guide to AAT Synoptic Assessment: Changes, and Tips
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has recently updated its syllabus, and with that comes changes to the AAT synoptic assessment.
If you’re planning to take the AAT synoptic assessment as part of your qualification, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the new syllabus and understand what to expect from the exam.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the changes to the AAT synoptic assessment in the AQ2022 syllabus and provide some tips on how to prepare.
A. What is the AAT Synoptic Assessment?
The AAT synoptic assessment is a crucial part of the AAT qualification, measuring your ability to combine knowledge from different areas of accounting and apply it to real-world scenarios.
Changes in the AQ2022 Syllabus
The updated AQ2022 syllabus sees some significant changes to the AAT synoptic assessment.
- One of the most significant changes is the addition of a new section of The Business Environment in the AAT level 2 which evaluates the candidate’s understanding of the business environment and the wider industry.
The Business Environment section tests the student’s ability to analyze and interpret data, as well as their commercial acumen and critical thinking skills.
- Another change is the emphasis on technology and digital skills. The AQ2022 syllabus emphasizes the importance of using technology in accounting, including cloud-based accounting software and automation tools. Therefore, the synoptic assessment will test your ability to use technology effectively and efficiently.
B. Tips for Preparing for the AAT Synoptic Assessment
To prepare for the AAT synoptic assessment, you should:
- Understand the Exam Format: Before taking the synoptic assessment, make sure you understand the exam format and the types of questions you can expect.
Review past papers and AAT synoptic assessment examples to get an idea of the exam’s structure and the topics covered.
- Study the AQ2022 Syllabus: As the exam now includes a new section, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the new syllabus. Review the Business Environment section, and ensure you understand how to analyze financial and non-financial information to make informed decisions.
- Use Technology: As technology plays a more significant role in accounting, it’s crucial to develop your digital skills. Use cloud-based accounting software and automation tools, such as QuickBooks or Xero, to gain experience and confidence with technology.
- Practice with Mock Assessments: Mock assessments are an excellent way to simulate the exam environment and practice answering questions under pressure. The AAT provides mock assessments, and you can also find them online or in revision textbooks.
How to Book an AAT Exam
Booking an AAT exam is a straightforward process. To book an AAT exam, follow these steps:
- Go to the AAT Exam Booking form.
- Select the exam you want to take from the list of available exams.
- Choose your preferred exam date, time, and location.
- Make the payment for the exam fee.
- Confirm your booking and check your email for confirmation.
The AAT synoptic assessment is an essential exam that measures your ability to apply knowledge from different areas of accounting to practical scenarios.
With the updated AQ2022 syllabus, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the new exam format and prepare accordingly.
Use AAT synoptic assessment examples, study the syllabus, and practice with mock assessments to improve your chances of success.
By following these tips, you can book an AAT exam with confidence and move one step closer to becoming an accounting technician.