From Beginner to a Qualified Bookkeeper: The Ultimate Guide to AATQB Certification
If you’re interested in entering the world of accounting and finance, you may have heard of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), and specifically the AATQB certification.
This certification can be a great way to gain recognition and credibility in the field, but what exactly does it entail?
In this guide, we’ll take a deep dive into the world of AATQB certification, from what it means to the requirements for achieving it.
A. Introduction to AATQB certification
Before we dive into the details of AATQB certification, it’s important to understand what the AAT is and what it does.
The AAT is a professional body for accounting technicians and has been around for over 30 years. It is dedicated to promoting high standards in the field of accounting and offers a range of qualifications and certifications to help individuals achieve these standards.
One of the certifications offered by the AAT is the AATQB certification.
B. What does AATQB stand for?
AATQB stands for Association of Accounting Technicians Qualified Bookkeeper.
This certification is specifically designed for individuals who want to specialize in bookkeeping, which is the process of recording financial transactions for a business or organization.
To achieve this certification, candidates must demonstrate a thorough understanding of bookkeeping principles and practices, as well as a high level of proficiency in using accounting software.
C. Benefits of becoming AATQB certified
There are many benefits to becoming AATQB certified.
- Firstly, it can help you stand out in a crowded job market. Employers are often more likely to hire someone who has a recognized certification, as it demonstrates a certain level of competency and expertise.
- In addition, AATQB certification can lead to higher salaries. According to payscale.com, the average salary for an AATQB qualified professional is around £22,000-£44,000 per year, although this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and employer.
D. AATQB qualification requirements
To become AATQB certified, there are certain requirements that must be met.
- Firstly, candidates must have completed the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or an equivalent qualification. This ensures that candidates have a solid foundation in bookkeeping principles and practices.
- In addition, candidates must have completed the AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping or an equivalent qualification. This builds on the foundation provided by the Foundation Certificate, and covers more advanced bookkeeping topics such as accruals and prepayments.
- Once you have completed your Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping, you can apply for membership of AAT as a bookkeeper.
E. Exam preparation and study tips
Preparing for the certification exams can be a daunting task, but with the right approach, it can be manageable.
- Firstly, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the exam format and structure.
- In addition, it’s important to develop a study plan that works for you. This may involve studying for a certain amount of time each day, or focusing on one topic at a time.
- It’s also important to make use of resources such as textbooks and online courses, and to practice using accounting software.
F. How to apply for AATQB certification
You’re eligible to apply for AAT bookkeeping membership after qualifying Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
To apply for AATQB status, candidates must first become a member of the AAT. This involves completing an application form and paying a membership fee. Once a member, candidates can then apply for the AATQB certification.
The annual AAT membership fee is currently £126.
G. Importance of continuing education for AATQB certification
Achieving AATQB certification is just the beginning of a career in bookkeeping. It’s important to continue learning and developing your skills in order to stay up-to-date with changes in the field.
The AAT offers a range of continuing professional development (CPD) courses and qualifications to help individuals do this.
In addition, it’s important to network with other professionals in the field, and to stay up-to-date with industry news and developments. This can help you stay ahead of the curve and make informed decisions about your career.
H. AATQB certification resources and support
Osborne Training offers a range of resources and support for individuals studying for AATQB certification.
These include textbooks, online courses, and other study material. In addition, the VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) offers a range of resources and guides to help individuals prepare for the exam and develop their skills.
Achieving AATQB certification is a great way to gain recognition and credibility in the field of bookkeeping.
By following the requirements and preparing for the exam, candidates can demonstrate a high level of competency and expertise, which can lead to higher salaries and better job opportunities.
In addition, by continuing to learn and develop their skills, AATQB certified professionals can stay ahead of the curve and build successful careers in the field of accounting and finance.
If you are interested in becoming AATQB certified or want to learn more about the certification courses, Click here.